Part-Time Executive Assistant to Board of Directors of Migraine Canada
Migraine Canada is seeking a part-time executive assistant/ coordinator.
- Contract for up to 64h/month for 12 months (including a 3 months probation period)
- Payment between $1920 and $2240 a month depending on experience
- Reports directly to the Chair and provides bi-weekly status updates
- Must reside in Canada. Living in Montreal could be a plus.
- Home-office based job. Communication by Skype/phone/email.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Dr Elizabeth Leroux, at email@example.com before December 20th. Interviews will be planned according to responses. Position starting ideally in January 2020.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Annual meeting and teleconference board meetings
Organize one annual meeting: logistics, book venue and organize travel for Directors
6-8 teleconference board meetings yearly: circulate agenda, takes minutes (discussions, motions and action items), gather and distribute meeting materials. Have minutes approved and signed by the Directors
Files and archives
Maintain hard copies and electronic files of legal documents: bylaws, articles of incorporation, Board meeting minutes, budgets, funding requests, contracts etc. DropBox is our current sharing folder tool.
Bookkeeping: keeping track of transactions, invoices and payments
Monitor email: answer if possible and flag urgent matters
Communicate with volunteers: basic information, task description, overseeing steps/timelines
Upon request of the Directors, communicate with stakeholders involved in active projects
Events and research
Organize special events: talks, conferences, awareness (one planned in June 2020)
Gather information: contacts and data relevant to active projects
Other tasks upon request of the Board or Chair (will always be discussed to fit skills and experience)
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a similar position, including organizing, scheduling and taking minutes
- Management of Excel for bookkeeping and keeping track of financial transactions
- Highly autonomous and flexible to tackle wide range of tasks for a small not-for-profit
- Effective writing and communication skills.
- Basic graphic design is an asset (posters, cards)
- Responsive and reliable: provide effective and timely responses to communications
Let’s work together to make a difference for people living with migraine and other headaches!
- Board of Directors
- Course and Workshop
- Migraine and Science
- Migraine and Society
- Migraine or Headache?
- Other headaches
- Preventing attacks
- Stop the attack
- Top Ten Topics of the EHMTIC congress in Glasgow
- What about Lifestyle?
- Women and Children