Are girls and boys equally affected by migraine?
No, it depends on the child’s age.
- Before age 7: boys are more affected.
- Between age 7 and 11: boys and girls are equally affected.
- After age 11: girls are more affected than boys.
- Adults: There are 3 women for every 1 man that are affected. (18% of women are affected versus approximately 7% of men)
Prevalence of migraine in teenagers Graph modified based on the article “Pathophysiology, clinical features, and diagnosis of migraine in children”, published on UpToDate.
- Board of Directors
- Course and Workshop
- Migraine and Science
- Migraine and Society
- Migraine or Headache?
- Other headaches
- Preventing attacks
- Stop the attack
- Top Ten Topics of the EHMTIC congress in Glasgow
- What about Lifestyle?
- Women and Children